Sunday, September 27, 2015

Part 1 of Castles


Orava Castle/ Oravsky Hrad


Each Chair had an important symbol carved into them

Castles have the best views of their surroundings

Orava

My family and I didn't do the whole tour but we saw most of it
which ended up being over 660 stairs

A very young child's shoes.

There was a room full of different animals, I forgot the exact
name of this one but it had two heads!

I've seen crosses like this and small buildings all around Slovakia,
I've even seen a man praying at one before.

A well of luck&wishes or bad luck&nightmares if you drop anything
but money in it.

Who knew a crack in the wall could lead to beautiful things?

This area was roped off but a man was inn there so I went in.

Mountains every where you look.

When I'm older and rich I'll build my own castle
(probably not)

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Was this castle close to your town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. I'm happy to be part of an organization that can make this all possible for you, and I'm happy that you are our representative to Slovakia. Enjoy every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Emani, thanks for sending these photos! How is school and family life going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Emani! Great photos! We're all proud to have you representing South High, Salem, Oregon, and the United States in your new locale. Keep your chin up, and know we're cheering for you.

    BTW, My dad happens to be an enthusiastic genealogist. If your family doesn't know much about your ancestors, I might be able to have him do some sleuthing. :)

    - Barry Nelson

    ReplyDelete